This is your overview of the services we offer. Should you have any questions, you can of course get in touch with us and make an appointment.
Our service specialisations
Through a combination of a thorough physical assessment, and the full range of modern diagnostic facilities that can be accessed rapidly, a diagnosis of your problem can usually be reached rapidly.
Many conditions can be managed as an outpatient, by physiotherapy and often injection therapies, that can be begun at the initial consultation.
When a plan for surgical management has been suggested by your consultant, and agreed by you, surgery can usually be arranged within a few weeks. Many shoulder surgical procedures are done as arthroscopic (keyhole) procedures as a day case, whereas more involved surgery (such as joint replcement) may involve a short stay in the comfortable surroundings of the Nuffield.
We offer the following services:
- Outpatient management of shoulder, elbow and hand problems
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) shoulder surgery for disorders of the rotator cuff, shoulder instability etc.
- Shoulder replacement - including total shoulder replacement and "reverse" total shoulder replacement
- Surgery for elbow arthritis, including elbow replacement
- Soft tissue elbow surgery - stabilisation, tennis and golfer's elbow
- Hand surgery, common procedures including Dupuytren's contracture, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, ganglion